Monday, July 14, 2014

July 14, 2014

Hiii! This week was really interesting. Kind of a bummer as far as investigators go, but had some good times as well!
First of all, shout out to Baba and Grandma Anderson for their birthdays! I hope you both have happy days! I love you!
Thanks for all the emails! I love reading everyone's emails and hearing about life :)


On thursday we met with our investigator, 김경애. This time she brought her friend, who is another member of her church. Her friend was really nice and they taught us some stuff from the Bible. Then we started to share our message and talked about prophets and how there were prophets in the Bible, prophets in the BOM and a prophet who is on the earth today. For some reason 김경애 wasn't as nice as she usually is and quickly brought up the BOM and said that it is not the word of God, only the Bible is, and she kept trying to Bible bash. She was getting really worked up about the fact that we have another testament of  Jesus Christ for some reason that day. We just calmly testified that we know that it is true and that they can find out for themselves if it is true or not. Even though she kept saying really mean things about the Book of Mormon, I didn't let it get to me and we just testified. I felt the Spirit as we were testifying that it is true. At the end of the lesson she told us that there is no need to teach her about the BOM anymore. She is not interested and doesn't believe it. We ended on good terms and we thanked her for the chance to meet with her and share our message and for her to share some things from the Bible. Even after her telling us every reason why she thought the BOM isn't true, I left that lesson with a stronger testimony than I ever have had in my life that the Book of Mormon is true and that it is the word of God. I am thankful that we had the chance to teach her. I learned a lot from her and I hope someday she will gain a testimony of the Book of Mormon for herself.

We met with 박인영 twice this week. In the first lesson, we showed her the Restoration film and reviewed about Joseph Smith and The Book of Mormon. She kept her commitment and read the scriptures we asked her to in the Book of Mormon, so that is good. In the other lesson we taught her how to study and apply the Book of Mormon and to receive answers when she reads. Earlier that morning, before I began reading my scriptures, I asked a specific question when I prayed and asked that I would be able to find an answer in my reading. I received a clear answer to my question while I was reading, and told her about that and how the Book of Mormon can apply to us personally. She has a lot of questions about our church, but I think we are going to have to be done teaching her next week because I think she is mainly English interested and we are done teaching her.

When we met with Anna Kim this week, she had a lot of questions. Last time we talked about baptism and she was pretty open to the idea, so  this time we talked about the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and mainly focused on baptism. She always asks tons of questions about our church, the members, history of the church... etc. So we tried to answer some of those questions. She loves our church, but she is lacking a testimony of the Restoration. She is Catholic and has been her whole life. When we were meeting, she wrote on the white board: Catholic: believe  LDS: understand. We testified that in order to believe or to KNOW that our church is true, she has to read the Book of Mormon with an open heart and she has to pray about the message of the Restoration. She can't meet for 2 weeks, but we are planning on meeting at the beginning of August.

The highlight of my week was yesterday when 김휘 Kim Hooee (my investigator who was baptized in March) came to our ward!! I haven't seen her in a few months, but of course have kept in contact. She moved back to Seoul and is living in Schinchon right now. Because she is brand new, she wants to go to our ward until she feels a little more comfortable and then she will go to the Schinchon ward. She is doing great. There was something different about her. She has more of a glow about her now. She seems happier than she was when I first met her. She said that she read the whole Book of Mormon and that it was hard to understand, but she wrote down scriptures and things she liked in a journal that Sis. Koo and I gave her at her baptism. The ward was SO sweet to her and automatically welcomed her back. It was so great! I am SO happy to see that she is doing so well.

This week Zone training was really good. Side note, on the way to zone training, our district was on the subway heading to Nokebon in Seoul. Our train stopped for like 45 minutes and half of the train was underground and the front part was out. We thought it was broken down, but found out that our train had hit and killed someone. :( :( How terrible is that? We had to switch trains so the police could come investigate. We ended up being pretty late to training. So sad :(

One thing that really stuck out to me in Zone training was when Sis. Evans 9a sister training leader) said this: "If you want to teach by the Spirit, you have to have the courage to say something you don't know how to say." This month we are focusing on How to Begin Teaching and being examples that our investigators can follow.

Random thing: the other day we were about to start studies and I got up to go shut the door and I saw a massive cockroach or something like that on the floor. I freaked out! It was right by our beds. (which are also on the ground.) yes alarming. Sis Sung had to kill it for us because all 3 of us were freaking out. That night when I went to bed I was so afraid i was going to see another one. ehhh so gross. hahaha

On P-Day last monday we went to a way cool Buddhist temple. I took a lot of pictures. It was BLAZING hot and humid, but still fun. In a really pretty place by famous mountains so it felt good to be away from the city and kind of in the mountains. We also drank this Buddhist water that came out of the ground through this dragon mouth. ha ha. Everythign is SO Mulan. i felt like i was on Mulan when we were there. So fun!

ok i better go.
rach: your week sounds like a party. thanks for the updates on everything. pray for lex! haha
dman: how are the braces? hope you are doing good. "Save ferris!" (with the pop can collecting money)
ell: your classes sound like they are going well! I'm so proud of you for making hot water cake!
jane: yw sounds like it will be so fun. you have a really fun week planned. i love you!
add: the parade sounds so fun! You are doing so many fun things! What was your favorite thing in the parade?
kiddy: the other day i was walking down the street and i saw 2 baby sharks in a tank at a resturant. the people eat the sharks. crazy huh? i thought of you. have fun at cherry hill
mom and dad: love you! i love your emails. thanks for always helping me.
have a good week!!! xoxoxox

Sister Tara Anderson
ps sis Koo gave me a Korean name!
구민슬 Koo Meen sir

No comments:

Post a Comment