Monday, April 21, 2014

April 7, 2014

Thanks for the emails! This week was good. I loved hearing about conference!! It sounds like it was so good. I can't wait to watch it this weekend!!!
Ok I will answer your questions first:
1. The weather in Korea- ok the weather here is JUST like Utah. Seriously. There is like an inversion type thing. it's super hazy and so we never really see the sun. The skies are always just white. Super dreary and kind of depressing. But it's not always like this. At least I hope! But it started to warm up and then it got really cold again. It goes from being way warm to freezing the next day. The other day I sat at a bus stop in the freezing cold and pouring rain and suddenly I felt like I was at a track meet and I needed to go warm up or something. Track meet weather. haha Hopefully we start seeing the sun and the sky soon!
2. Yes, Sister Koo and I run every morning. There is a park near our house with a big walking track around it, so sometimes we go there. Sometimes we just go around the town. It feels good. I have been bad at doing abs and wall sits lately. I will start back up again.
3. The food is getting a little easier to eat. It's not super great, but most things are alright. We have been eating at members houses a lot lately. They feed us lots of noodles, this meat stuff, kimchi, tofu, rice, etc. a lot of the stuff I don't even know how to explain what it is. haha It's not too bad though. I usually just try to eat the stuff and then find out what it is later. haha at home I have been eating chicken and veggies and rice a lot. I make salads, and have curry sometimes. We eat out a ton. Which I really don't like. I don't like spending money on food that I don't love, but we are constantly on the go. We try not to as much as possible. The cookies are pretty similar to the cookies we make. The ingredients are pretty much the same. Maybe slightly different because they are Korean but they are pretty good. Just maybe one tick off. hahah
4. The language..... hmmmm. it depends on the day you ask. Sometimes I feel like I am doing good, and other days I feel like I know nothing. It's hard to really gage where you're at. I still have a hard time understanding most things. Sometimes I have an idea of what they are saying, and the other times I have no clue. haha I am working on the pass off things. I am beginning to be able to say a lot more than I used to. Yesterday after church, I sat and talked to an elderly couple in our ward. They are so sweet The little lady and her husband remind me of Grandma Marva and Grandpa LeGrande. He is blind and she helps him get around. They are so tender. Anyways, I LOVE them (you know how much I love elderly people) and so I was able to have a conversation with them in very simple korean. There were a few things here and there  that I didn't understand, but I was able to talk to them for a good 20 minutes. I told them all about our family and what I did before the mission. Anyways, the language is seriously so hard. But I learn new things each day. So it's coming slowly.
OK I will quickly tell you about our investigators. We are struggling right now with investigators.
 Ee Bo Young completely ignores us now. So sad. I sent her a text the other day and then called to invite her to church but she never answers or responds :(
 
This week we called Ee Hyeng Gee and Ee sung Hoon's mom (the 8 and 13 year old) and she told us that her kids were in the hospital so they couldn't meet with them. Then later that day the elders saw the 13 year old girl walking home from school and they said hi to her and she was nice and acted like nothing is wrong. hmmmm. so we aren't really sure why the mom told us that. I think she is trying to drop us. Super sad becasue her kids want to be baptized. :(
 
So the lady that came to church last week, Kim Cha Young called us unexpectedly on thursday and asked us to come to her house right then to meet with her. So we ran home and grabbed our stuff and went to her house. She was there with her daughter. She was way nice. Started making us coffee when we got there, then we told her we don't drink coffee. So she started making us tea. then we told her we don't dring that either. Slightly awk but whatever. haha. We ended up teaching her the whole first lesson and she liked it. We talked to her daughter a lot too. Her daughter's name is Chang Chee Ung and she is nice. She mostly has english interest, but while we were there, she was freaking out that I was American and taking pictures with me and stuff. haha I asked her what she likes to do and she said play the piano and run. She really liked us and we are supposed to meet with her tonight to do the 30 minutes of English and 20 minutes of gospel with her. Anyways, back to Kim Cha Young, she liked the fact that we have a living prophet on the earth today and that he helps us know how we can prepare to meet Christ. We had zone training meeting this week and they focused a lot on inviting our investigators to be baptized in the first lesson, or no later than the second lesson. That is kind of uncomfortable, but we are supposed to do that. So I practiced inviting her to be baptized ("Will you follow the example of Jesus Christ by being baptized by an authorized priesthood holder")  earlier that week so that I could ask her when we taught. I was freaking out! I was so nervous to ask her. I kept saying no, I can't ask. She will freak out. I can't do it. But also, the Sprit kept prompting me to do it. So i asked her. She said it will be very hard for her to switch religions, but if she receives a testimony that the gospel is true, then she will. So that is good! She came to church on Sunday and Sis. Koo played the piano so it was just me and her sitting there with another ward member. I was freaking out the whole time because it was fast and testimony meeting and I had no idea what she was thinking. Afterwards, she said she really liked it and she can tell that everyone is really grateful to have the gospel in their lives and everyone feels really loved in the church. We are planning on meeting her again on thursday!
Kim Hooee moved this week!! :( :( we called the Daejon missionaries where she lives and gave them her info. THey contacted her and another ward member called us to ask more about here. Apparently that ward is an awesome ward, so she is in good hands. She said it will be hard, but she is going to go to church. Yesterday she told us she was fasting. She said it's hard because she is with her fam and they are doing stuff, but she was trying hard to fast. Love her!!! She is awesome.
Ok i need to go. running out of time. I love you all! I loved hearing about conference. Can't wait to watch it. I am thankful to be a missionary!! I am so thankful for the gospel in my life. We are seriously so blessed to have it. I love you!! Have a great week!! xoxox
Sis Tara Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment